I like to prep a lot of these things ahead of time so it is all ready to be thrown into a bowl at a whim! It makes for a great weeknight meal or you can double everything for a dinner party!
Taco Meat Ingredients:
-1 lb organic grass-fed ground meat (I used beef, but turkey or chicken would be good!)
-1 tbsp cumin
-1 tbsp chili powder
-1 tsp coriander powder (optional, but I think it brings such great flavor!)
-1/2 tsp cayenne
Avocado Crema Ingredients:
-1/2 cup cilantro
-1 tbsp fresh lime juice
-1 tsp salt
-1 tsp hot sauce
-Dash of worcestershire sauce (optional)
-1/4 cup water (may need more depending on preference of consistency)
-Salsa (try my homemade recipe!)
-Mexican Street Corn
-Grilled or roasted bell peppers and zucchini
-1-2 cups black bean pasta (I used Trader Joe's brand) or simply black beans
-Tortilla chips (try my homemade tortilla chips!)
1. Cook the meat in a medium skillet on medium heat. Add in all of the spices about halfway through cooking. Adjust as needed once the meat is cooked. Set aside.
2. Cook the black bean pasta according to instructions while the meat is cooking.
3. Saute the bell peppers and zucchini on high heat in a cast iron to get that "fajita" style cooked veggies
4. Make your avocado crema sauce in either a food processor, blender, or with a stick blender. If you don't have any of these things, it could be done with a whisk and some elbow grease - just be sure to chop your cilantro into tiny pieces!
5. Assemble your bowl however you'd like! Pour copious amounts of delicious avocado sauce all over and enjoy.