Servings: 3-4 dinners
-1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
-3 large carrots, roughly chopped
-1 large or 2 small red or orange bell peppers, roughly chopped
-2 tbsp avocado oil
-1 tbsp coarse sea salt
-1/4 cup almond flour
-1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
-1 cup fresh basil leaves
-1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
-1 pound organic, grass-fed ground beef*
-Cooked noodles of choice (also delicious on toasted gluten-free bread or sourdough!)
-Optional: fresh mozzarella for topping
*Optionally left out if you want to make it vegetarian!
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Add the tomatoes, carrots, and bell peppers to a large casserole dish or a baking sheet. Coat in avocado oil, sea salt, almond flour, and parmesan cheese and toss. Place in the oven and roast for about 30 minutes - or until veggies are soft and roasted
3. In the meantime, cook your ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat.
4. Remove the veggies from the oven and carefully transfer to a food processor or high powered blender. Be sure to keep the hole open to allow the heat to escape! Add the balsamic vinegar and basil leaves and pulse until a sauce has formed.
5. Pour the sauce over the cooked meat and stir together.
6. If you're using the fresh mozzarella, place a few thin slices over the meat sauce and place a lid on the skillet until the cheese is nice and melted.
7. Serve over noodles of choice or some nice toasted bread! Top with fresh basil and parmesan cheese.