Makes 8 cookies
-1 cup almond flour
-1 tbsp coconut flour
-1 tsp baking powder
-2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
-1/2 stick butter, softened (use vegan butter to make these vegan)
-Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Mix together the almond and coconut flours, salt, and baking powder.
3. Add in the softened butter and the maple syrup or honey and mix together well - either using clean hands or a sturdy spatula. The batter should come together to form a nice wet ball.
4. Using a 1 1/2 tbsp cookie scoop (or a spoon), scoop out 8 equal sized cookies and roll into balls. Place a couple inches apart on a lined cookie sheet. Using a clean thumb or the back of a spoon, make thumbprint indentations in each cookie.
5. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool. Fill with homemade jam, curd, melted chocolate, you name it!