-1/2 cup sugar (coconut or cane)
-1/2 cup light brown sugar
-1/2 cup almond flour
-1/2 cup gluten free flour
-1 16oz bag frozen mixed berries OR 16oz (about 1 pound) of fresh berries of choice
-1 tbsp maple syrup
-1 tbsp fresh lime juice
-1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot starch
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Combine the berries, maple syrup, and lime juice in an 8x8 casserole dish. Spread them evenly across the dish.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, add all ingredients of the crumble and mix well with a fork until the egg is fully incorporated and the "dough" is wet and crumbly.
4. Sprinkle the crumble dough across the top of the berries. This is easiest done with clean hands. It does not need to be super neat - just cover the berries!
5. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until crust has cooked and turned into a cookie-like consistency. Remove and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
6. Serve with ice cream, or if you're like me and hate hot fruit, pop it in the fridge for a few hours and eat it cold!