-2 cups corn*
-2 tbsp chili powder, split
-2 tbsp plain yogurt (I use lactose free Green Valley Organics Brand)
-1 tbsp cumin powder
-1-2 tbsp fresh jalapeno, chopped (optionally left out)
-1 tbsp lime juice
-1 tbsp chopped cilantro
-Pinch of salt
-Crumbled cotija or feta cheese
*If using frozen corn: cover in water and microwave for about 45 seconds, or heat over the stove for a few minutes before beginning
1. Drain corn and toast in a skillet on medium/high heat. Add one of the tablespoons of chili powder to the corn. Stir the corn over the hot skillet for about 5 minutes, or until some kernals brown up a bit.
2. Remove the corn from heat, put in a bowl, and place in the fridge for about an hour.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, lime juice, cumin powder, remaining tablespoon of chili powder, salt, and jalapeno.
4. Stir the mixture into the corn.
5. Add as much cotija/feta cheese as you want! I usually use about 1/4 cup
6. Add salt to taste, top with cilantro, and serve!