-2 cups brussels sprouts
-1/2 cup pecans
-1 tsp sea salt
-1/2 tbsp avocado oil
-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
-2 tbsp spicy brown mustard
-1 tbsp tamari (or soy sauce or coconut aminos)
-1 tbsp maple syrup
1. Clean up your brussels by removing any stems and slicing them in half.
2. Preheat oven to 420 F.
3. Bring a cast iron skillet to medium/high heat and arrange the brussels in the pan so they are open face down. Pour in some water, about 1/4 inch deep. Add a little salt and simmer until the water has evaporated, about 10-15 minutes in my experience.
4. Toss with the avocado oil, but keep them face down. Transfer to the heated oven and roast for about 15 minutes.
5. Add in the pecans and roast another 10 minutes or so.
6. Whisk the vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, and tamari together in a small bowl.
7. Once they are good and browned, remove the brussels and pecans from the oven. Pour the maple mustard sauce all over them, stirring to coat evenly. Serve as a side dish or just eat them as is!