This dish is heavily inspired by Alex’s Whole30 Meatloaf at TheDefinedDish.com!
Servings: about 4
-1.5 lbs ground beef
-1 red bell pepper, diced
-¼ tsp herbs de provence
-1 tsp tomato paste
-1 tsp ghee or butter
-2 eggs, beaten
-1/4 cup almond flour
-1/2 cup tomato sauce (check ingredients - some brands contain garlic and/or onion)
-1 tbsp tomato paste
-1 tbsp tamari (gluten free soy sauce), soy sauce, or coconut aminos
-1 tbsp dijon mustard
-1 tbsp maple syrup
-4-5 gold potatoes
-½ cup almond milk
-2 tbsp ghee or butter
-Salt and pepper
1. Finely dice your bell pepper and saute in a skillet in the ghee until soft - about 4-5 minutes. Add in the tomato paste and the herbs de provence and mix well.
2. Mix together the meat, egg, and almond flour. Mix in the bell pepper & tomato paste mixture. Add mixture to a parchment lined bread loaf tin.
3. Stir together the sauce and brush it on top of the meatloaf. Bake at 350 degrees F for about an hour, or until internal temperature of loaf is at least 155 degrees F. Once it is done, remove from the oven and carefully remove the loaf from the tin. Place on a baking sheet.
4. Place the loaf on the baking sheet back in the oven under a low broil. Broil for about 5 minutes, or until edges are browned.
5. While loaf is baking, roughly chop the potatoes and add them to a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and allow to boil until potatoes are soft - usually 15-20 minutes, depending on potato size. Once they are soft enough to easily poke with a fork, strain the water. Mash the potatoes with the almond milk, ghee, and salt and pepper. Adjust almond milk and ghee as needed for desired consistency.