-2 tbsp garlic infused olive oil (or any cooking oil of choice)
-2 tbsp all purpose gluten free flour
-1.5 cups water or chicken broth
-4 tbsp chili powder (check ingredients for garlic if you are sensitive to it!)
-1 tsp salt (or more to taste)
-1 tbsp brown sugar
-1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1. Heat a small or medium saucepan on medium heat and add in oil and flour, whisking constantly.
2. Whisk mixture for about 1 minute over the heat, then slowly add in your water, continuously whisking to get rid of any clumps.
3. Add in your chili powder and continue to whisk. Mixture should be relatively thickened at this stage. You may wish to add a little more water if it is too thick, or a little more chili powder and/or flour if it is too thin.
4. Stir in the salt, brown sugar, and white wine vinegar.
5. Remove from heat and use on things like enchiladas or my Mexican Pasta Bake! Keeps in the fridge for about a week or two.