Servings: about 12
-1/2 cup gluten free AP flour
-1 cup almond flour
-1 1/2 cup cornmeal
-1/4 cup sugar (coconut or cane)
-2 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp sea salt
-1 1/2 cup almond milk (coconut milk works as well)
-2 tbsp maple syrup
-2 eggs, beaten
-6 tbsp butter, melted
-1 jalapeno, diced
-1 cup cheddar cheese or a dairy free cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line or grease a 9x13 in casserole dish.
2. Mix together the flours, cornmeal, sugar, sea salt, baking powder, and soda together in a medium bowl.
3. Stir in the milk and maple syrup.
4. Incorporate the beaten eggs into the batter. Mix everything well.
5. Stir in the melted butter.
6. Fold in the jalapenos and cheese. Pour batter into the prepared casserole dish.
7. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until edges start to brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
This recipe is great with a big bowl of chili!