-4 slices black forest ham
-4 slices sourdough bread
-1 tbsp butter
-2 tbsp spicy brown mustard
-2 thick slices nice aged cheddar
1. In a cast iron skillet or other oven safe skillet on medium heat, fry your ham pieces. You don't need any grease or oil - just throw them on there! Cook for 3-4 minutes each side.
2. Spread the butter across one side of 2 pieces of sourdough (about 1/2 tbsp per piece - or more if you want!) and one tablespoon of mustard per piece on the other side of the bread. Place butter sides down into the hot cast iron. Turn the stove off.
3. Top with fried ham, thick cheddar slices.
4. Cut a large hole out of the other two pieces of sourdough. Place the holey bread on each of the sandwiches. Carefully crack an egg into each of the holes. It'll likely run down the sides - that is okay!
5. Cover the whole thing with mozzarella shreds.
6. Put in the over under a broil setting for about 7-8 minutes, or until the egg is cooked to your liking.
7. Top with hot sauce if desired and serve!