-1 lb organic ground chicken
-1 lb organic crumbly pork chorizo (I get mine from a local Nashville farm, Wedge Oak Farms)
-2 bell peppers, diced
-1 jalapeno, diced
-1 15oz can fire roasted tomatoes OR rotel
-1 15oz can organic black beans, drained
-1 cup corn (frozen or fresh)
-3 tbsp chili powder
-3 tbsp cumin
-1 tbsp cayenne (more or less to taste)
-1 tbsp salt
-6 oz tomato paste
-1.5 cups stock (make this homemade if you're sensitive to onions and garlic, or use water and add a little extra spices)
-1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1. In a large dutch oven or pot, cook the ground chicken. Remove and set aside.
2. Cook the chorizo, breaking it up into small pieces. Remove and set aside with the chicken.
3. Add in the peppers and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
4. Add in the tomatoes with their juices and stir.
5. Stir the meat back in, along with the beans and corn.
6. Add in all of the spices and mix well.
7. Pour in the stock, tomato paste, and apple cider vinegar. Stir well and allow to come to a low boil.
8. Reduce to a low simmer and cover. Let the chili simmer for 30 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally. Check your spice levels, add more if needed.
9. Serve with your favorite chili toppings! We add cheese, avocado, and serve with cornbread.