Servings: about 3
-3 tbsp butter or ghee
-2 tbsp gluten free flour
-1 small jalapeno, diced
-1 cup milk of choice (I used almond milk)
-2 cup chicken or veggie stock*
-2 cups broccoli florets
-1.5 cups cheddar cheese
-Dash of nutmeg
-Salt & pepper
*I used water and Better Than Bouillon to keep it low-FODMAP
1. Melt the butter in a pot and add in the diced jalapeno. Once it is soft, whisk in the flour.
2. Slowly add in the milk, whisking until smooth and incorporated.
3. Add stock or water and bring to a simmer. Add in salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Reduce heat to medium. Add broccoli and cover.
4. Allow to simmer until broccoli is soft - about 20 minutes.
5. Blend soup together using either an immersion (stick) blender or carefully add it to a high powered blender. Return to pot and stir in cheese. Adjust liquids and spices as needed for desired consistency!
I topped this delicious soup with some leftover roasted chicken, homemade sourdough croutons, and goat cheese! It is great as is or paired with a grilled cheese!