Servings: makes about 12 cookies
-1 cup coconut sugar
-1/4 cup coconut oil*
-1/4 cup vanilla bean ghee (or butter)*
-2 tsp vanilla extract
-1 cup almond flour
-1 cup gluten-free flour blend
-1 tsp baking soda
-Pinch of salt
-1/2 cup dark or semisweet chocolate chips
*You may use all coconut oil or all ghee/butter. I like to use a little of both to 1) make both of those items last longer in my cabinet and 2) it makes the best consistency!
**Substitute with a flax egg and use only coconut oil to make these vegan!
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
2. Beat sugar, oil, and ghee together until light and fluffy
3. Add in vanilla extract and egg. Beat until well incorporated and fluffy - ideally you'd like it to be lighter in color and a bit airy
4. In a separate bowl mix together the flours, salt, and baking soda.
5. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Freeze dough (it will be pretty wet) for about 10 minutes, or pop in the fridge for about 20-30.
7. Once the dough has hardened a bit, roll into one inch balls and place a couple inches apart on a greased baking sheet. Place back in the fridge for about 5 minutes.
8. Bake for 10-11 minutes (13-14 if you prefer crispier cookies). Remove from oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for at least 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool a little more and enjoy!