Servings: 1 loaf of bread
-1/2 cup coconut sugar (or sub regular sugar)
-1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-2 medium to large overripe bananas, mashed with a fork
-2 tbsp milk of choice (I use almond)
-1 cup GF all purpose flour
-1 cup oat flour*
-1 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp baking powder
-Pinch of cinnamon
-Pinch of nutmeg
-Pinch of salt
-Optional: 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
-Optional: 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
-Optional: 2 scoops of Further Food Collagen Peptides
Ganache Ingredients (optional):
-6 oz dark chocolate
-1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
*I make my own oat flour by pulsing 1 cup rolled oats in a blender. You may sub 2 cups oat flour or 2 cups GF flour (or normal flour, if not sensitive), but consistency will be a little different
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together in either a standing mixer with the paddle attachment or a handheld mixer on medium speed, or by hand with a whisk and a lot of elbow grease. Beat until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs in one at a time and beat until fully incorporated.
4. Reduce speed to low and add in bananas, vanilla, and milk.
5. Mix all dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low speed until fully incorporated.
7. Pour batter into a parchment lined and lightly greased loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. While bread is baking, add the chocolate to a glass bowl. Heat the coconut milk on the stove top and pour over chocolate. Stir well until chocolate is melted and a thick consistency has formed. Drizzle over the bread once it has cooled!