Stir Fry Veggies:*
-1 medium zucchini
-1 cup green beans
-1 cup shaved brussels sprouts
-1/2 cup carrots, diced
-1/2 cup red bell pepper, sliced
-1/2 tbsp sesame oil
-1/2 tbsp avocado oil
-3 tbsp tamari (or soy sauce or coconut aminos)
-2 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
-1 tbsp rice vinegar
-1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
-1 tsp sesame oil
-1 tsp lime juice
-1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder
-2 pieces of wild caught fish of choice (I used cod in the photos), organic meat, or about a pound of shrimp
-1/2 cup cornstarch or arrowroot powder
-Pinch of salt and pepper
-2 tbsp avocado oil
*Other great veggies would include broccoli, cauliflower, peas, snap peas, eggplant, you name it!
**This meal would be great with fish, shrimp, beef, or chicken!
1. Prepare your veggies. I sliced the carrots and bell peppers, spiralized the zucchini using the ribbon tool, and used pre-shaved brussels sprouts. You can prepare them however you'd like!
2. In a large skillet on medium heat, add the avocado and sesame oils and add in all of your veggies. Stir them around, and let them saute for a bit. Put a lid on the skillet to expedite the process if desired.
3. While veggies are cooking down, prepare the sauce. Simply mix all ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
4. Once veggies have cooked down and softened, turn heat to low and get out another skillet to cook the protein (I prefer my cast iron!). Heat it to medium heat and add the avocado oil.
5. Mix the cornstarch (or arrowroot powder) with the salt and pepper and cover each piece of protein in the mixture. **note: this can be omitted for a simple grilled protein!** Carefully place the protein in the avocado oil.
6. Cook the protein for about 5 minutes, flip, and cook another 5 minutes - or until it is fully cooked through (check out this handy temperature chart for accurate internal temps).
7. While the protein is cooking, add the sauce to the veggies and stir together. The sauce will thicken up as you wait for the protein.
8. Once the protein is cooked through, top with some of the sauce and serve with the veggies and enjoy!